Product Review/DIY Guide – Convertible SportBar by Classic Design Concepts
Click the link below to purchase this SportBar for your Camaro:
The SportBar for the 2011 Camaro convertible is specifically designed to enhance the visual appearance of your convertible while maintaining a professional, factory look.
- The SportBar is constructed of a sturdy 1 ¼” round steel tube, with a 1/8” wall thickness. Polyurethane is then molded around the tube and hand-wrapped in vinyl, grained to match your car’s interior trim.
- The factory top effortlessly fits over the bar and the Classic SportBar does not interfere with any original factory functions.
- The bar is supplied with brackets that are mounted to the B pillars which receive the SportBar, creating a sturdy mount while stiffening the body.
- Fits all 2011-2012 Camaro Convertibles.
- Now available in Black, Inferno Orange, Rocket Red, and Carbon Fiber.
- Weight is 18lbs.
Please note that this product is not intended for roll-over protection.
You should be able to use the instructions included with the SportBar and this article (as a visual guide) to install this unit yourself. Give yourself 2 hours or so to complete the install.
When you (or your installer) are unpacking the SportBar, be sure to remove the plastic wrap by hand. Do NOT use a razorblade to cut the wrap or you could easily damage the SportBar.
Auto Sun Roof took great care to ensure that the top and paint were not damaged.
The back seat and rear molding needs to be removed.
Be careful removing the rear seat on a convertible. There is a large speaker behind the rear seat that could be damaged.
The instructions for the SportBar include templates that you can cutout and use to ensure you drill in the correct locations on the top molding.
You also need to drill a small hole on each rear side molding. This will allow you to easily remove the SportBar if needed.
Two brackets need to be installed on the B pillars to hold the SportBar firmly in place. Two small holes need to be drilled on each side.
Below is one of the heavy duty, professional grade brackets installed.
Attach all of the molding and then insert the SportBar.
Finally, put the rear seat back in place.
That’s it! It took Chuck and Joe from Auto Sun Roof about 90 minutes to install the SportBar and they did an amazing job. I suggest having Auto Sun Roof install the SportBar for you if you live near one of their shops in NJ, NY, PA, MD or DE. They are very professional and offer excellent rates.
The Classic Design Concepts SportBar installed on my 2012 45th 2SS at the Auto Sun Roof shop.
Another photo of my 2012 45th 2SS from a different angle with the Classic Design Concepts SportBar.
Ease of Installation:
To contact Auto Sun Roof, please use the information below:
Auto Sun Roof, Inc.
1305 Industrial Highway
Cinnaminson, NJ 08077