CamaroNews can exclusively reveal the first image of a 2022 Chevy Camaro fitted with the Design Package 3, which is new for the 2022 model year.
The Package is assigned RPO code PDP, and will be optional on both Coupe and Convertible versions of the Camaro in all trim levels except the base LS and the range-topping ZL1.
The equipment included in the Design Package 3 varies according to the trim level of the car to which it’s being fitted. However, in every case, it includes the following LPO (dealer-installed) items:
- Camaro logo wheel center caps (5ZB)
- Black sueded knee pads (S0U)
- Satin Black Hood Stripe with Silver Ice Metallic Hash Mark (SHS)
- Fuel filler door in Black with visible carbon fiber insert
- Carbon Flash Metallic second generation Ground Effects (VTD)
- Premium carpeted floor mats with Camaro logo
Other items in the Package are 20-inch 5-split spoke polished forged wheels (WR1) and a Black Camaro fender badge emblem (CG3). Both are included in the Package for the Chevy Camaro in the 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trim levels, but only the wheels are offered with the LT1 trim level (that’s because the LT1 trim includes a unique LT1 fender badge).
Both items are also part of the Design Package 3 offered with the 1SS and 2SS trim levels, but here the RPO code for the wheels is 57W. This is because the rear wheels for those trim levels are staggered (one inch wider than those at the front), in order for them to carry 275/35ZR20 tires rather than the regular 245/40ZR20 rubber.
In each case, the Package also requires the addition of the RS Package (WRS).
One last thing to be aware of is that the Design Package 3 is offered only for Chevy Camaro models painted in the following exterior colors:
- Rapid Blue (GMO), as pictured on this page
- Vivid Orange Metallic (GCF)
- Wild Cherry Tintcoat (GSK)
Pricing for the Package has yet to be announced.