In August, GM offered a $2,500 Chevrolet Camaro discount exclusively to Ford Mustang owners. Now, the Bow Tie brand is making a similar offer through the end of September 2019.
This Chevrolet Camaro discount seems to be an attempt to increase Chevrolet Camaro sales, which decreased 9 percent to 12,433 units in the second quarter of 2019. The depressed second quarter sales results follow a noteworthy rebound in sales during the first quarter of 2019. The circumstance allowed the Ford Mustang to remain the best-selling vehicle in the segment.
Nationwide Chevrolet Camaro discount offers in September 2019 are as follows:
- For Ford Mustang Owners: $2,500 total cash allowance
- Must be a current owner or lessee of a Ford Mustang for at least 30 days prior to purchase.
- Not available with lease and some other offers.
- For Everyone: $500 customer cash
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Camaro trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- LS – $25,995
- 1LT – $26,495
- 2LT – $28,495
- 3LT – $31,995
- 1SS – $37,595
- 2SS – $42,995
- 1SE (ZL1) – $62,995
The $2,500 Chevrolet Camaro discount reduces the starting price of the 2019 model to $23,495, while lowering the starting price of the range-topping ZL1 model to $60,495.
Known as conquest incentives, discounts like the one seen here are not uncommon in the automotive industry, as they are meant to sway owners of the competition into buying the a competing product.
- Must take delivery by September 30th, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.