CamaroNews – Star on the Chevrolet booth at the 2017 Geneva International Motorshow is the strikingly designed, satin green Camaro Track Concept that combines the Camaro’s legendary street performance with enhanced on track capability on par with the Camaro 1LE.
This special model is designed for the discerning driver who requires a vehicle that can fulfil both the roles of a fast sports coupe for everyday road use and high-performance car for track time on weekends. Building upon the Camaro’s sixth generation’s light and stiff chassis, the Camaro Track Concept offers a host of upgrades that combine to make it a formidable vehicle on road and track.
In addition to standard Camaro V8 versions featuring technical highlights like torque vectoring or a track mode, the Track Concept boasts additional engine, transmission and differential coolers and leverages an upgraded FE4 suspension (lowered by 30mm) for improved cornering capability. This performance-oriented chassis system is specifically tuned for the magnetic dampers, springs and stabilizer bars. The package includes a new segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential, massive Brembo® six piston brakes for impressive stopping power and an enhanced aero package that reduces lift at high speed. The 20” gloss black aluminum wheels are paired with exclusive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires, lateral acceleration will exceed 1 g.
Presented in a modern interpretation of a classic Camaro color scheme, the Camaro Track concept is finished in a striking satin green with unique hood and roof stripes in black gloss, to distinguish it from its tamer siblings.
The Camaro Track Concept has been enhanced exclusively with official Chevrolet performance parts offered in the US. An adequate selection will become available in Europe in the near future..
Camaro Track Concept Specifications
- 6.2 L V8: 453 hp (333 kW) @ 5700 rpm, 617 Nm of torque @ 4600 rpm
- 8-speed Automatic Paddle Shift Transmission
- Magnetic Ride Suspension – lowered by 30 mm with unique calibration
- Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential
- Dual Mode Performance Exhaust
- Brembo® performance brakes – six-piston monoblock aluminum front calipers with performance brake pads and two-piece, 14.6-inch x 1.3-inch (370mm x 34mm) vented and slotted Duralife™ rotors
- Gloss black aluminum wheels – 20 x 10.0J, front and 20 x 11.0J, rear
- Goodyear® Eagle® F1 supercar tires – 285/30ZR20, front and 305/30ZR20, rear
- 3 piece rear spoiler
- Upgraded front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser
- Smoked rear tail lamps
- Black Chevrolet bowtie emblems
- Recaro® sports bucket seats
- Suede flat bottomed steering wheel
- Suede knee pads and center console arm rest
- Chevrolet performance premium floor mats
- Aluminum pedals