DETROIT – The 2017 ZL1, the most powerful production Camaro ever, and the track-bred 1LE are designed to deliver exhilarating performance on both the open road and the road course, at prices that leave the competition behind.
When they go on sale later this year, the 2017 Camaro ZL1 will be priced at $62,135 for coupe models and $69,135 for convertibles. Prices include destination charge, but not tax, title and other dealer fees. The 1LE package is a $4,500 MSRP option on Camaro V-6 LT coupe models and $6,500 on the V-8 1SS coupe model. For LT coupes, the 1LE package features the Camaro SS’s FE3 suspension, while the 1SS benefits from the ZL1’s electronic limited-slip differential and FE4 suspension with Magnetic Ride dampers.
“The Camaro ZL1 offers supercar performance with daily-driver refinement, a combination that stacks up against any other sports coupe – at any price – around the world,” said Steve Majoros, director, Chevrolet marketing.
“Building on Chevrolet’s well-established recipe for track-focused performance, the new 1LE packages expand the performance envelope of the Camaro SS and, for the first time, the Camaro LT,” said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. “You’ll be hard-pressed to find more track-capable cars in their respective classes for the money.”
- 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
- Quarter-mile in 11.4 seconds at 127 mph
- 1.02 g max cornering
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters)
- 220-pound (100 kg) weight reduction
- 650-horsepower (485 kW) supercharged LT4 6.2L V-8 engine
*ZL1 performance numbers achieved with a coupe equipped with the available 10-speed automatic transmission and using original-equipment tires on a non-prepped surface.
- 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds with Camaro LT 1LE
- 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds with Camaro SS 1LE
- 0.97 g max cornering with Camaro LT 1LE
- 1.02 g max cornering with Camaro SS 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 112 feet (34 meters) with Camaro LT 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters) with Camaro SS 1LE
- 230-pound (104 kg) weight reduction (SS 1LE to previous model)
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.